CLAY STUDIO | for Kids (Ages 9+)
CLAY PINCH POTS | for Kids (Ages 9+)
Instructor: Deborah Shaw
Learn a variety of hand building methods in clay such as the ancient pinch pots, coiling, slab construction, and more! Pinch pots have roots in our most ancient ancestors and are still a viable art form today. Moving beyond pinch pots ancient peoples began to use coiling methods and eventually slab building to create functional and decorative pieces of art in clay. We’ll take you through the steps, beginning with simply learning how to manipulate the clay, working them into simple pots, adding bases, decorating and embellishing them. For those of you with more experience we will be offering a more in depth study.
SCTX Self-Hardening Clay Kits will be available to purchase and take home for ongoing exploration.
Click here to purchase a Studio Comfort Texas MAKE ART FIND JOY canvas tote bag.
- Registration includes all material and supplies.
- All classes have a 10 student maximum, unless noted otherwise.
- Drinking water will be provided.
- Aprons, tote bags, and SCTX Art Kits are available for purchase.
- A liability waiver with emergency contact information must be completed and returned prior to beginning of the camp, or your camper may not be allowed to participate.
- We understand that true emergencies happen. If you have one of those, please call to let us know in advance when possible. Otherwise, for each student who is left longer than 15 minutes past the end time for the class, there will be an overtime charge of $50.
All classes will be conducted at ARTSPACE | 713 HIGH STREET, COMFORT, TX 78013 – across the street from our gallery (716 High St).