Workshop: Collagraph Printmaking
COLLAGRAPH PRINTMAKING: SAT, OCT 28 | 10AM-3PM – $150
Instructor: Mike Martin
Location: Studio Comfort Texas | 716 High Street
Collagraph prints are part treasure hunt, part collage, and part printmaking process. In this camp, textural and three-dimensional materials are applied to a rigid substrate, inked, then put through a press or burnished to create beautiful, textural prints. Basic design and composition concepts needed to complete the project will be taught as well. Participants will complete one to two collagraph “plates” and up to three prints of each one.
Mike Martin is a printmaker and painter who lives in Comfort with his wife. He makes art in his old barn studio next to their home, which was built by her family that has deep roots in this town. He tends cattle on a family ranch on Elm Pass Road near Comfort where the trees are his companions and his muses.
- Registration includes all material and supplies
- This class has a 6 student maximum
- Drinking water and light snack will be provided
- There will be a 1-hour break for lunch. Lunch is not provided. Participants may bring a lunch or dine at one of the nearby local eateries.
- Collagraph Kit is included in the price of the workshop so you can continue practicing your collagraph skills at home (includes brayer, ink, baren, glue, printmaking paper, mat board, and bag)