CLASSES + WORKSHOPS + RETREATS
If you are interested in weekly scheduled instruction, below is a list of organizations and instructors you can contact to inquire.
- *Cibolo Center for Conservation and Herff Farm, Boerne
- Kerrville Arts & Culture Center
- *Hill Country Arts Foundation - Hill Country Atelier, Ingram
- Fredericksburg Art Guild
- Fredericksburg Artists' School
- *Southwest School of Art, San Antonio
- Rebecca Burritt (email@example.com) Drawing foundations, design, figurative studies, painting. Rebecca also teaches at the various organizations above*
- Jeanette MacDougall (firstname.lastname@example.org) Watercolor, drawing, painting critique, art trips
- Dennis Reinke (email@example.com) Watercolor, drawing
POETRY WORKSHOP WITH JUDITH YOUNGERS | JUNE 17
In conjunction with Meredith Dean's Exhibit
EKPHRASTIC POETRY WORKSHOP
WEAVING TIME WITH WORDS:
with Judith Youngers
Saturday, June 17, 2023 | 10am - 12pm
Location: Studio Comfort Texas, 716 High Street
It’s “all about time” in this ekphrastic poetry workshop that delves into personal and artistic notions and experiences of actual, implied, linear and circular time. You’ll draft “starts” or short pieces from different time-related prompts. Time always “flies by” when poet and teacher Judith Youngers, PhD, engages a small group in using art as a springboard for writing.
One foray will reference the process and works of internationally-known San Antonio printmaker, Meredith Dean, as we reflect on moments and mutations of time. Whether experienced or new to writing, this workshop’s timely personalization will fit you.
Studio Comfort Texas featured artist Meredith Dean will be participating in the workshop. Join us after the workshop for an open house reception from 1:00 to 4:00pm for her exhibit, Woven Time.
- 10 students maximum
- Materials: Bring your preferred writing tools. Handouts will be provided.
- Sketchbooks, pencils, and books of poetry are available to purchase from Studio Comfort Texas
- Drinking water and light snacks will be provided
** We are also happy to accept registrations by phone (830) 995-3750, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org **